Free Online CME Courses and Toolkits
The Alliance only lists courses and tools from nationally recognized sources. Please contact the Senior Health Educator (831-430-5570) with any feedback about these resources. For local in-person CME events, see Provider News.
Free Online CME Courses
• Chlamydia Screening
Up to two free CME units offered by the California STD/HIV Prevention Training Center. Expires 1/31/2009.• Cultural Competence: Think Cultural Health: A Family Physician’s Practical Guide to Culturally Competent Care
• Domestic Violence: Respond to Domestic Violence
Up to nine free CME units supported by the U.S. Dept. of Health and Human Services, Office of Minority Health. Expires 12/31/2008.
Up to 16 free CME units developed and supported by the Blue Shield of California Foundation.
• Assessment and Management of Overweight and Obesity in Adult Patients
A second CME module developed by National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute in collaboration with North American Association for the Study of Obesity.
• Assessment and Management of Adult Obesity Clinical tools, patient handouts and up to four hours of CME offered by the American Medical Association as part of their Roadmaps for Clinical Practice series.
• Oral Health:
- • Protecting All Children's Teeth (PACT) CME curriculum has been developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics to help pediatricians, family practice physicians, and allied health professionals learn more about assessing oral health and coordinating care with dental providers. The PACT curriculum offers up to 11.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsT, available through May 31, 2015.
- • The Smiles for Life CME curriculum has been developed by the Society of Teachers of Family Medicine Group on Oral Health and is designed to enhance the role of primary care clinicians in the promotion of oral health for all age groups through the development and dissemination of high-quality educational resources. The curriculum is approved for up to 8.50 Prescribed Credits by the American Academy of Family Physicians, available through March 10, 2013.
• Adolescent Health
Download four free toolkits from Adolescent Health Working Group: Understanding Confidentiality and Minor Consent, Adolescent Health Care 101, Sexual Health, and Body Basics. (Body Basics covers nutrition, physical activity, body image, overweight, and eating disorders among teens.)
Free tools for providers and 12 easy-to-read patient handouts in English and Spanish.
• Pediatric Oral Health
Seven online modules offered by the federal Maternal and Child Health Bureau.